Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 928: 1990 Star Barry Larkin & Bo Jackson - #8

Barry Larkin
Year:  1990
Brand:  Star Barry Larkin & Bo Jackson
Card number:  8

I'm continuing my tour of the Barry Larkin specific cards from the 1990 Star Barry Larkin & Bo Jackson set.  We are now up to card #8 in the set which happens to be the fourth Larkin card in the set (Larkin gets the even numbers while Bo has the odd numbered cards).  

Today's card focuses on the earliest parts of Barry's professional career beginning with his 1st Round draft pick slot and continuing up through his Major League debut.  The back write-up is certainly nice and is easily the highlight of this card seeing as how the front image is one of the dopiest looking photos of Barry that I've ever seen on one of his cards!  Also, what strange cropping - the image is horizontal on a design where horizontal doesn't work well...and to make it worse, it's a headshot - no reason for it to be a horizontal image to begin with!?!  

So yeah, not the best card of Larkin in the set but still one that I'm happy to have finally been able to track down for my own collection.  I've still got one last card from this set to show off, hopefully soon I'll get around to highlighting that one.

Comments