Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 929: 1990 Star Barry Larkin & Bo Jackson - #10

Barry Larkin
Year:  1990
Brand:  Star Barry Larkin & Bo Jackson
Card number:  10


We've made it to the final card that I own from the 1990 Star Barry Larkin & Bo Jackson set.  Card 10 in the set is a continuation of card 8 of Barry's - more career information.  As usual with the Star cards, you get a comprehensive write-up on the card's back along with a nice large Reds team logo.  The front image is another horizontal shot that I don't think works well with the vertical orientation of the card.  It's also a super dark image - not one of the better photos that Star used (and it has the effect of making this card feel "homemade" rather than professionally done).  Still, even with all of its flaws I kind of love this card (and set).  There's something almost rustic or throwback-esque to the entire set that I love (and the fact that it stars Barry Larkin obviously helps matters as well).  

As for the rest of my set needs, I still need the first card in the set (which features both Barry and Bo Jackson).  There's also a limited edition glossy run of the same set but I don't own any of those cards.  

In total, here's how my 1990 Star Barry Larkin Collection looks as of today (with a "yes" meaning I have the card and a "no" meaning I still need it):


Still a lot of 1990 Star cards to track down!  Hopefully, in the not-so-distant future I'll have some more Star Barry Larkin cards to show off, but for now I'm going to simply enjoy the cards I do already own.

Comments