Featured Post

12 Days of Christmas 2022 Countdown: Day 6 - Top 6 Cards from TCDB this Past Week

Welcome to this year's edition of my 12 Days of Christmas.  This theme will run through Christmas Eve with each day's topic somehow related to the number of days remaining until Christmas itself!  


We've made it past the halfway mark of the 12 Days of Christmas countdown.  As has been my custom most of the year, Monday's are for TCDB wrap-up posts so let's squeeze one in and keep it on theme for today.

The cards you'll see in the countdown come from two different users.  I got one card (the A&G mini) in a trade with user dcoursey while the remaining cards all came via a purchase I made on TCDB with user torcato.  With that out of the way, let's start counting down!

Top 6 Cards from TCDB this Past Week:

#6:  2020 Donruss - Retro 1986 Holo #R86-13


A shiny Barry Larkin is always a good way to get my attention!  There are so many parallels in the modern Donruss products that I can't possibly keep them all straight but if someone offers up a Larkin that I don't think I have I'll pounce on it every time.  That being said, I believe that the 2020 Donruss Optic set only had two different Barry Larkins for me track down - a "regular" Retro 1986 base card and the Holo parallel that you see above.  Nice to get that set done! 

#5:  2004 MLB Showdown - #92


I bought a few packs of one year of MLB Showdown and then promptly forgot about the set.  I had tried to play the game with my brother but ultimately it wasn't compelling enough for us to seek out more cards.  At this point, I'm simply chasing after the missing Barry Larkin cards from the MLB Showdown line of cards and that's about it.  I do still have my batch of Showdown cards (from 2002) so maybe someday I'll go back through those and see how close I am to a full set.

#4:  1998 Topps Gold Label - #80 Ivan Rodriguez (Class 1)


Some set help here in the form of a needed 1998 Topps Gold Label card.  I've still got a fair ways to go in terms of collecting the '98 Gold Label (Class 1 only) base set but every little bit helps!

#3:  2018 Donruss Optic - Bronze - #83


Another Donruss Optic need, this time from 2018.  This is the Bronze parallel and is one of many parallels that I need to both figure out and track down!   According to my records, I still need the following Barry Larkin (#83) parallels from 2018 Donruss Optic:
  • Black #/25
  • Blue #/149
  • Carolina Blue #/50
  • Holo
  • Orange #/199
  • Pink
  • Purple
  • White Sparkles
  • plus the Donruss Optic Significant Signatures auto card #SIG-BL!  
As I said, a long ways to go on this set!

#2:  2005 MLB Showdown - #86


I like the image used for this card quite a bit better than the 2004 MLB Showdown card (see above).  I was definitely pleased to be able to get both cards in the same purchase!

#1:  2022 Allen & Ginter - Ducks:  #3.  Marbled Duck


The best card of the week has to be the 2022 Allen & Ginter duck mini card.  Not because I particularly love ducks but rather because this was the final card that I needed for that particular insert set!  It feels great to have one of the mini sets done already (with a few others only a couple more cards away from being completed as well).  

That does it for the past week on TCDB.  Special thanks to trading partners dcoursey and torcato for the cards you see in the above countdown.

Comments

Post a Comment