Featured Post

The Quest for 35!

12 Days of Christmas 2022 Countdown: Day 3 - Top 3 Cards from an Unopened Pack of Cards Sitting in my Desk

Welcome to this year's edition of my 12 Days of Christmas.  This theme will run through Christmas Eve with each day's topic somehow related to the number of days remaining until Christmas itself!  


Only three days to go until Christmas, I'm still not quite sure what happened to the month of December!  Before I get to today's list, I did want to give an additional invite to my recently created Discord channel for baseball card collectors.  We've been having quite a bit of fun over on the channel and I hope to really get things ramped up there once the new year hits.  Come check it out!

PS:  If you don't know what Discord is, it's basically a souped-up chat room. There are places on the Discord channel to talk about recent cards you've found, signatures you've gotten, group breaks to join, as well as some off-topic fun!  

Alright, now to today's list:

Top 3 Cards from an Unopened Pack of Cards Sitting in my Desk

I still have a very small stack of unopened packs sitting in one of my desk drawers.  The packs that remain were mostly acquired years ago (pre-Covid where you could actually find those repack boxes fairly easily).  I'm quite certain that today's pack fell out of one of those repack boxes - and now it's time for that pack to finally get to see the light of day.

2013 USA Baseball Champions (retail pack)


This pack contains 7 cards with the chance at pulling a variety of inserts and/or hits.  I'm guessing since this is a retail pack we won't actually pull anything major but who knows.  There are still four Barry Larkin cards in this set that I'm missing for my collection - so if I hit one of those it'll definitely be a Christmas miracle!


What I need from 2013 USA Baseball Champions:

Alright, now to the countdown...in reverse order saving the best card of the pack for last.

#3:  93.  Corey Seager


Seager hit .514 for the 2010 USA Baseball 16U National Team which is might impressive.  I honestly didn't know what to expect with the pack but it's what I should have expected - a bunch of dudes in the Team USA uniforms (smart, I guess, since Panini couldn't show MLB logos).

#2:  10.  Will Clark


Will "the Thrill" Clark shows up as a member of the USA Baseball National Team back in 1984.  He hit 16 home runs in 36 games with Team USA to go with a batting average of nearly .400 (.397 to be exact).  

#1:  20.  Jack McDowell


The coolest design of any of the 7 cards in the pack, I do like the American Flag patch.  

Overall, this was a decent pack of cards - most of the guys in the pack were people that I know something about!  For the record, here are the four cards that didn't make the cut for the countdown:


Come back tomorrow when we have our penultimate 12 Days of Christmas 2022 Countdown post.

PS:  If you want any of the above cards, let me know.

Comments

  1. hat would've been a great pack for me. I don't PC Clark beyond the Giants but I do grab his USA cards when I can (have this one already). McDowell is also one of my alumni guys. That's just a regular card and not an actual relic right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, not a relic. I can add the McDowell to your stack if you'd like. Let me know!

      Delete
    2. Oh that'd be cool! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Will looks so young in that photo. I haven't seen too many of his Olympic photos, so that card is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment