Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 930: 1988 Topps Stickers - #140 - Variation 4

Barry Larkin
Year:  1988
Brand:  Topps Stickers
Card number:  140 (variation 4)


The 1988 Topps Stickers set has (to my knowledge) four different versions of sticker pairings and card backs that include Barry Larkin.  This particular version is the fourth and final card that I needed from the set - the one with George Brett as the "card" portion while Larkin is once again paired with a sticker of Ivan Calderon.  

At this point, I don't have a whole lot more to say about the design of the 1988 Topps Stickers set.  It's basically a sticker version of 1991 Fleer...you better like bright yellow!  Personally, I hate that the stickers don't have player names on them but again, that's a complaint I've had for many of the stickers from the late 80s!

If nothing else, it's nice to have another set completed as far as acquiring Larkin cards goes!  According to my spreadsheet of Barry Larkin cards, I'm actually now only missing one Larkin card from the year 1988 (it's a 1988 Score Promo card if you were wondering)!


Comments