Featured Post

TCDB: Can I Ever Get Rid of 18,384 cards?!

Monday's are for TCDB Trade Recaps!

Another week, another Monday, another TCDB trade post.  At least one of those things makes me happy today!

Let's kick the week off right with a PWE from TCDB user bklassen52:


Another new Barry Larkin card for me plus a pair of cards for my 2000 Pacific set build, can't beat that in a single trade package.  The Larkin card is the Black Foil parallel from the 2022 Stadium Club set - I still haven't gone through the full Barry Larkin checklist for 2022 releases (or 2021 releases for that matter) but it's something I do hope to get to in the not-so-distant future.  I'd love to be up-to-date on my Larkin Collection spreadsheet, if nothing else!

Next up, a single card PWE from user bravefan1:


I'm still plucking away at the various 2022 Allen & Ginter mini insert sets.  The Inside the Park set happens to be the most common of the 2022 A&G sets but it's also the largest in total size which means it's still a bit of a challenge to complete.  Luckily, I am getting down near the end for pretty much all of the 2022 A&G insert sets (check out my want list to see what I'm still missing).

Next, another single card PWE, this time from user schulmn:


That's another 2022 A&G mini I needed, this time from the (poorly named) 2006 A&G Rookie Design set.  I do like the '06 set design quite a bit so I don't mind Topps reusing it as an insert set here but I'm scared that Topps is going to start dipping back into that well too often for A&G much like they have for their regular flagship designs (for example, how many times has Topps issued some sort of set based on the 1987 Topps design)?!  I definitely will give up collecting Ginter if Topps starts doing that same nonsense to my favorite card set.

Let's keep the set needs rolling with my next trade, this time with user robglessner:


That's one of the last few cards that I need from the 1998 Topps Gold Label (Class 1) base set.  I continue to try and pluck away at the remaining cards that I'm missing from this set, definitely a set I hope to finish off in 2023!

That does it for this past week on TCDB.  Overall, it was definitely a good week of trading!  Hopefully, next week will be another good week (if you'd like to be featured in my Monday TCDB trade posts, check out my want list over on TCDB and make me an offer)!

Comments