Featured Post

Not-So-Secret Santa Return #5: Crocodile Sports Cards

For the third Friday in a row this year, I've got a board game related post!  I guess this is becoming a thing (and I'm all about it since I love board games perhaps even more than baseball cards).  Anyhow, today's post is another Not-So-Secret Santa haul, this time from Greg over at Crocodile Sports Cards.


I sent Greg a bunch of Minnesota Twins stuff (cards and a hat) as his Not-So-Secret haul from me.  I also learned that my Twins stock of trade bait and/or other interesting cards was woefully low so hopefully I still had something that was of interest to Greg.  In fact, I must have sent him a few things he liked since he sent me this surprise in the mail:


That's Anomia, a party game for 3 to 6 players where you have to think quickly.  The essence of the game is basically that feeling of a word being on the tip of your tongue but you can't quite spit it out.  It's that, but in game form!  

I've never played Anomia but I have heard good things about the game.  Unfortunately for me, by the time I received the game most of my extended family had already returned to their homes all over the country for the holidays and so this one didn't have a chance to get played last Christmas.  That being said, I do plan to bust it out next Christmas with the family (since that's my main time to play party type games that require larger groups of people).

For those that might be interested in board games, here's a link to my collection over on BoardGameGeek.  I haven't done much reviewing of board games but that's something I plan to do more of in 2023, especially if people end up enjoying board game related content here at Nachos Grande!

Many thanks to Greg for the game, I honestly think I greatly prefer getting new board games in the mail as opposed to baseball cards these days!  Finally, if you haven't checked out Greg's blog Crocodile Sports Cards I highly encourage that you give him a follow.  I enjoy reading his posts and I imagine my readers will enjoy his stuff as well.  Tell him Nachos sent you!

Comments

  1. This sounds like a perfect game for my significant other. But no way I'd buy it for her. She loves rubbing it in how much more intelligent she is. In fact her whole family is like that. We were watching Jeopardy on Thursday... and after three episodes I only answered one question before anyone else... and it was on celebrity Jeopardy which has much easier questions.

    I might look this up on YouTube to see an example of the words/questions. But I feel like this game would only set me up for failure :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried it yet but when I do I'll have to give a status report! I'm under the impression that it is more "silly fun" than a true battle of wits but I could be wrong.

      Delete
  2. Haven't heard of that game but sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment