Featured Post

2023 Topps Series 1 - Jumbo Case Break Results! (One Heckuva Case!)

A few days ago, I busted a case of 2023 Topps Series 1 Jumbo boxes over on my Discord channel as part of a big group break.  Today, I thought I'd show off some of the highlights of that case - and trust me, it was a darn good case!  After I show off the main hits, stay tuned for a bit of analysis on the pack odds and how our particular case fared.

Parallels of Note:

Topps Gold (#/2023):  12


Green Rainbow (#/499):  9


Advanced Stats (#/300):  1


Orange Rainbow (#/299):  6


Red Rainbow (#/199):  1


Vintage Stock (#/99):  2


Independence Day (#/76):  1


Black (#/72):  1


Father's Day (#/50):  2


Topps 1988 Blue:  1


SSP:  3



Relics:
Major League Material:  2


Major League Material Black (#/199):  1


1988 Topps Relics:  3


City Connect:  4


City Connect Black (#/299):  1


Patchwork of the Past:  1


Autos:
Baseball Stars:  2


Baseball Stars Black (#/199):  1


Baseball Stars Gold (#/50):  1


1988 Topps Auto:  2


Foil Pack Highlights:
Gold (#/50):  1


Orange (#/25):  1


Chrome autograph:  1 (redemption)


Other Inserts of Note:
Heavy Hitters: 1


Home Field Advantage:  1


Sketch card:  1


Overall, this one was heckuva case of cards if you ask me!  Don't take my word for it though, here's a quick spreadsheet I cooked up where I compare what we actually got in our case versus what the pack odds suggest we should get:



As you can see, we didn't get as many Topps Gold parallels as we should have but otherwise we basically hit the jackpot on pretty much every other category!  Such a fun break!  Even better, the 2023 Topps design is one of my favorite flagship Topps designs in (perhaps) over a decade at least. 

If you'd like to have a chance to be part of future group breaks that I host, please join my Discord channel where I post all of the details (including sign-ups) first.  


Comments

  1. Looks like a solid case, and must've been fun to open!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pulls, it looks like a lot of participants got their money's worth.

    That Heavy Lumber insert looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you weren't kidding about the Giants. Maybe I'll be able to find an unnumbered Bart auto for sale cheapish in the next month or so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for showing off the goods!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great case. I just wish my Rockies did a little better than just a single gold parallel, but I guess every team can't be a winner. As long as Topps is running things anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment