Featured Post

Another Set Bites the Dust!

While it may not be the largest purchase I've ever made, today's eBay buy was a good one because it allowed me to finally knock the 1999 Pacific Team Checklist insert set off of my want list:


Yep, Mr. Griffey, Jr. was the last card that I needed (it's almost always either Griffey or Jeter that seems to be the final card I need from late 90s sets).  I still love the checklist design - and now I've got the full set in my possession!  

With the Griffey now tucked away in my set binder, I have officially completed eight sets in 2023 - and it's only February!  Over the past couple of years, I've made a concerted effort to do a few things with my collection:  1.  Reduce my want list and 2.  Reduce the number of new sets that I add to my want list each year.  It's been that combination that has finally gotten my want list down to a more respectable size.  Of course, we've barely gotten into 2023 baseball card releases so I'm sure I'll collect a few sets this year but at least I used the "down time" in the baseball card release schedule to make solid progress on older set needs.


Comments

  1. Awesome! Show off that completed set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, where are the rest of them! ... Congrats (still need to get the Dodger one).

    ReplyDelete
  3. A. Congratulations. These Pacific team checklists are very, very cool.

    B. I totally agree with you on the Griffey/Jeter thing. I was just looking at a set build this morning... and I'm down to two cards. One of them is Griffey... the other is Sandberg. I actually have the Jeter... but I'm 99% sure the next card I'll pick up is the Sandberg... which will leave me with needing only The Kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy completed set!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment