Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 937: 1992 Cartwright Player's Choice MVP - #3

Barry Larkin
Year:  1992
Brand:  Cartwright Player's Choice MVP
Card number:  3


The 1992 Cartwright Player's Choice MVP set has a total of 9 cards in it.  Each card comes in two versions, the "gold foil" version you see above and a "blue foil" version (of which I am still missing the blue foil Barry Larkin card).  I couldn't find much information about this set online so it's still quite a mystery to me!  If you happen to know about this one, please leave a note in the comments.

The card design is a bit gaudy for my tastes, so many bright colors but nothing quite meshes together correctly.  It's definitely not my favorite Barry Larkin card in my collection but I'll never turn down a Larkin oddball card!  I think the early 90s were such a hot bed of oddball card designs - some worked quite well while others definitely show their age now (a category that I'd put this Cartwright card in for sure).

Comments