Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 938: 1992 Investor's Journal - #61

Barry Larkin
Year:  1992
Brand:  Investor's Journal
Card number:  61


The rather cockily-named Investor's Journal produced a 126 card set back in 1992 in which Barry Larkin was featured as card #61 in the set.  The set itself featured greats from across many different sports including Michael Jordan, Brett Hull, and Shaquille O'Neil.  In addition, the set also had some retired greats such as Mickey Mantle.  Adding even more variety, there are also colored versions of the base cards - Barry has a purple border and text card with a stated print run of "only" 17,500 copies.  

For me, the 1992 Investor's Journal set was a set that I had never heard of before I started updating my Barry Larkin collection over on TCDB.  I must not be alone in that though because only recently did TCDB add in the purple border cards (which means someday I'll have to go back through my Larkin binder and make room for that particular parallel when/if I ever track down a copy for myself)!  


Comments

  1. Magazine parallels? That's pretty interesting. I wonder if these "purple" parallels were randomly inserted into these magazines or if they were part of specially marked limited edition issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good question but I have no answers! I couldn't find a whole lot of information on this set when I looked.

      Delete
  2. Whoa. I hadn't heard of these at all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment