Featured Post

Some Cards from Bloggers! (The Collector & The Diamond King)

I'm still working my way through my backlog of mail packages.  The good news is that I'm nearly caught up - and today I'm going to make some solid progress on that front as I have a couple of packages to show off from various bloggers.

We'll start with a contest prize from Chris over The Collector.  


Chris had a contest where you had to guess the missing year of vintage in his collection and I happened to win!  Dumb luck on my part, but I'll take it.  The prize was a vintage card for the winner's own collection - and I think Chris did a nice job picking one out for me as I didn't have that Frank Robinson. 

My other blogger package that I need to highlight is this giveaway package from Kevin over at The Diamond King.


Kevin had a giveaway where he gave away a few different minis via a first-come, first-serve system.  I was lucky enough to be one of the early commenters and grabbed that Mike Trout mini you see above.  I have a small PC of Trout cards for myself, I also have an A&G mini frankenset so I figured I'd be able to use that card one way or the other!  As it turned out, the card did make it into my frankenset - Trout replaced a black border Dave Winfield mini from 2017.

Many thanks to both Chris and Kevin for their generosity!  

Comments

  1. I was the other winner of that guess-the-year contest. Since I'm a Mets guy he got me the Casey Stengel from flagship Topps. As I mentioned to him, when I first saw it my thought was, oh, I already have this, but it turned out I remembered wrong--I had the 1964, but needed the 1965. Take a look at the two cards and you'll see why I could confuse them! Congrats...that embossed set isn't the best looking, but any vintage Frank Robinson is pretty awesome nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely had some great luck grabbing a Trout before anyone else. And I'm happy you like the Robinson, it was certainly a challenge finding a star card from '65 for the Reds but I enjoyed the giveaway (and it got me motivated to fill that gap in my collection!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo, that Robinson was an awesome prize!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment