Featured Post

Box Recap: 2022 Topps Heritage (hobby)

I've fallen behind on writing box recaps for some of the boxes that I've ripped as part of my ongoing Breaker's Club.  For more information on my Breaker's Club (and all my other group breaks), I invite you to join my Discord channel!  

Today, we are going to take a quick look at the goodies that popped out of our box of 2022 Topps Heritage.  This was a hobby box and I'd say for Heritage standards, it didn't disappoint!

We'll begin with the box topper:


That's a rather nice Carl Yastrzemski card that certainly feels like it belongs in a Topps Heritage product.  I much prefer things like this as a box topper than the uncut strips of cards that Topps has used a lot in the past with Heritage.

Our box produced a total of eight short prints, exactly what we should get according to odds printed on the pack wrappers. 



We also found the usual assortment of inserts.



One the one hand, I kind of commend Topps for being so consistent with Heritage inserts.  On the other hand, *yawn.*

We also found our one promised hit in the box - a nice Yadier Molina relic (well, nice if you are a Cardinals fan I guess).


We also found two "surprise" cards in the box - the first being this Black Bordered parallel seeded 1:96 packs.



Congrats to the Giants for landing the great looking La Stella card.  I think the black border looks particularly good with the Giants' uniform (and the border contrasts beautifully with the bright blue sky in the photograph).

Finally, we also pulled a Chrome Refractor #/373 of Stephen Strassburg.


The Chrome Refractors are seeded 1:176 packs so we definitely beat the odds in a couple of different ways with this particular box of cards!

As I said at the top of the post, if you are interested in getting involved in my group breaks (after all, every card you see in this particular post is going to end up in the mail to someone), then join the Discord and come chat all things baseball, baseball cards, and even non-baseball stuff!

Comments

  1. Haha nice LaStella pull. I still need his base SP too. I'm curious what slot the Watergate card goes to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All non-baseball cards will be randomized among all group break participants (excluding myself).

      Delete
  2. Anonymous12:10 PM

    The black-bordered LaStella card is a nice one for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment