Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 949: 1993 Topps - #404 - Topps Gold

Barry Larkin / Travis Fryman
Year:  1993
Brand:  Topps
Card number:  404
Parallel set:  Topps Gold


The 1993 Topps Gold design works particularly well with the All Star subset cards because you get two strips of gold foil (one for each featured player).  That extra bit of foil makes the card "pop" a bit more (even if the card looks kind of trashy in the above scan).  When I was a kid, I had a fair bit of 1993 Topps but to be honest I don't recall having very many (any?) Topps Gold cards - either they were fairly rare or else I simply had terrible luck with the packs I ended up with.  Either way, it's nice to have this particular Topps Gold Barry Larkin card in my collection now, even if it took me about 30 years to acquire it!

Comments