Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 950: 2020 Panini Absolute - #AHM-BL - Absolute Heroes Materials Spectrum Red #/49

Barry Larkin 
Year:  2020
Brand:  Panini Absolute
Card number:  AHM-BL  (#/08/49)
Insert set:  Absolute Heroes Materials - Spectrum Red


I'm celebrating my 950th different Barry Larkin card with a dual relic from the 2020 Panini Absolute set.  This particular card is from the Absolute Heroes Materials insert set and is a Spectrum Red parallel.  Besides the Spectrum Red, there is also a "base" version of the relic card (#/99) as well as a Spectrum Purple (which is #/25).  I don't own either of those cards (yet?) but I am happy to at least have one of the relics from the set in my collection!

For me, the front design of the card is great.  I can ignore the lack of logos since we get two photos, plenty of shine, and a pair of different colored bits of relics.  That's all good in my book (and I even kind of like the two uses of the same photo on the card front).  Unfortunately, Panini dropped the ball when it comes to the back of the card as that's one of the most boring card backs I have ever seen (even the included image is kind of insulting since it's a copy of the same photo used on the card front only this time without being surrounded by lots of color it looks incredibly dull).

Overall, despite a number of flaws I have to admit that I do like this card quite a bit.  Part of that is probably due to the fact that the card "feels" higher-end to me...I don't get to dabble in high-end stuff so getting a dual relic of my favorite player is still exciting (and rare for my collection)! 

Comments

Post a Comment