Featured Post

Board Game Friday: April 2023 Board Game Plays Recap!

I don't know what happened to the month of April...it was here and then it just disappeared in a flash!  Perhaps it was the copious amounts of board games that I played in the past month that made time fly by?  

That's right, time for another monthly Board Game Plays Recap post!  

For the month of April, I had a total of 68 plays spread across 13 different games.  Of those 13 games, five of them got played 5 or more times which is pretty darn good.  Here's the full visual of what I got to the table in April:



As you can see, the vast majority of plays were of games that I can play with my son (who turns five later in May).  Lots (and lots) of Ticket to Ride, but at least we spread it out across four different versions of the game (that Rails & Sails game got played at my local game store in their playroom, first time I ever played a game there).

Of the 68 plays I had in April, 61 of them included my son!  My wife got in on 30 of those plays as well, so yeah, board games are starting to turn into a family event here.  Perhaps even more amazing, out of the 30 days in April, there were only eight days where I didn't play at least one game!

When I told my son how many games we played last month, I asked him how many should we shoot for in May?  His answer:  100.  

I don't think that'll happen but hey, at the rate we are going 100 plays in a month is looking more possible than ever.  

Comments

  1. I always liked Forbidden Island. It's been awhile since I played it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ticket to Ride is a favorite here too. We only have the original game and its expansion pack but since one of my kids is super competitive it's nice to have a game where the game play itself is fun and not just the result.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just thought about it. You have some serious time management skills. Between playing board games 68 times... building and writing about Legos... and hosting group breaks... you still manage to work and have a family life. That's pretty darn impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah, you are correct! Time management has always been a strength of mine - though I make that challenging given all of my interests and hobbies.

      Delete

Post a Comment