Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 967: 2021 Donruss - #215 - Independence Day

Barry Larkin
Year:  2021
Brand:  Donruss
Card number:  215
Parallel set:  Independence Day



What better Barry Larkin card to show off on our nation's birthday than this Independence Day parallel from 2021 Donruss?!  

The Independence Day parallels feature a bunch of blue stars on the border but they are not serially numbered.  They are, however, hobby exclusive parallels so I guess there's some level of scarcity to them.  I kind of think a fireworks design would work better for a parallel called "Independence Day" but I guess the stars work as well.  I do like the more vintage-esque cardstock used for the Independence Day parallels.  

As for the card itself, I like that you can see Larkin's #11 clearly but unfortunately, you can also clearly see what's missing (namely the team name on the jersey and team logo on his helmet).  All that said, there is something kind of fun about chasing the many, many parallels in Donruss (I promise this won't be the last time you see this basic card but with a different border)!  

Happy July 4th, everyone - stay safe!

Comments