Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 972: 1994 SP - #159 - Die-Cut parallel

Barry Larkin
Year:  1994
Brand:  SP
Parallel set:  Die-Cut    
Card number:  159


The 1994 SP set had a full parallel die-cut set to chase, though I can't see why anyone would choose to chase after the parallel set given that it's literally just a notch cut off the top of each card (see Larkin's regular base card here for comparison).  I guess the one bit of good news is that the die-cut parallels were seeded one-per-pack so at least the pointless parallels aren't terribly hard to track down!

As for the card itself, I do like the card back quite a bit (other than the sideways text).  The image on the back of Larkin leaning up on the batting cage is rather unique - and for someone who was now scanned and written about nearly 1000 different Larkin cards, that's worth something!  Unfortunately, the card's front isn't great - between the foil board and the boring image, the less said about the front, the better.  

Comments

  1. Don't think I ever opened a pack of this product. In 1994 I was getting back into the hobby... and my focus was pulling Jason Kidd rookie cards. I ended up opening a lot of the basketball version of this set and considered building the die-cut set.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment