Featured Post

Check Out My Parallels!

Today, I'm back with more from a COMC purchase that I made a few weeks (months?) ago.  I've already shown off most of the cards but today I've got the newest cards from the purchase to show off (chronologically speaking).  That's right, it's nothing but 2021 cards here at Nachos Grande...live in the moment I say.

Sarcasm aside, I did actually purchase a number of 2021 Barry Larkin cards that I needed for my collection.  We'll start with a pair of 2021 Topps Gallery parallels:


That's a Rainbow Foil and a Private Issue parallel.  Of the two, only the Private Issue is serially numbered (in this case, I have card #40/250).  I still don't have all of the parallels from this set but at least I am now two closer to completing it.  I'm not overly happy with the amount of chipping on that Rainbow Foil card but I guess that's the risk you take with parallels like that.

Next, another set that I grabbed a pair of parallels from:  2021 Topps Chrome Platinum Anniversary.



Yeah, that set actually came out in 2022 but it's officially a 2021 set so *shrug emoji*  The two parallels you see here are the Mega Box Prism Refractor and the regular Refractor.  Much like with the 2021 Gallery set, I'm still missing a bunch of parallels from the 2021 Topps Chrome Platinum Anniversary set as well. However, I have to say that I like the Topps Chrome set a lot better so I'm more apt to seek out those parallels moving forward!

Finally, let's end with one more parallel from 2021 Topps Archives:



That's a Green parallel and it's numbered 64/125.  At least this particular parallel is easy to tell what it is...nothing weird like "Prism Refractor."  Just simple.  Green.  That's it.  And that bright green border is a dead giveaway!


Comments

  1. Love the 2021 Topps Platinum parallels. They all look so nice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment