Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 986: 1992 SCD Sports Card Price Guide Monthly - #38 - Full Sheet

Barry Larkin
Year:  1992
Brand:  SCD Sports Card Price Guide Monthly
Card number:  38  (full sheet)


Back in the early 90s, card companies loved putting sample cards inside of price guides.  I remember buying many issues of Tuff Stuff and always enjoying when a random "sample" card would pop out.  I don't recall specifically seeing Sports Card Price Guide Monthly ever but if I had, I'm sure I would have dug getting a whopping eight different cards in a single magazine giveaway!  Of course, young me would have also immediately cut the eight cards apart...something that current me is struggling to avoid doing as we speak.  

In all seriousness though, my plan for this uncut sheet is to keep it uncut and then (hopefully) track down a cut copy of Larkin's card to also go in my collection.  TCDB lists both the uncut sheets and the cut cards separately so I might as well consider them two different items as well.

Comments

  1. What a cool panel! I never saw this magazine as a kid, and only just learned about it, and it's cards, a few years ago when I joined the TCDB. I've gotten a few singles since then, but would love to get some of the uncut sheets at some point.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment