Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 989: 1995 Finest - #96

Barry Larkin
Year:  1995
Brand:  Finest
Card number:  96


Back in the 90s, I didn't have the budget to be able to afford "fancy" cards like Finest (heck, for the most part I still don't have the proper budget for fancy cards).  Anyhow, because I didn't ever buy packs of Finest as a kid, I have had to try and track down the various higher-end Barry Larkin cards via the secondary market.  For the most part, that's fine but in the case of this particular card I can't help but wonder if maybe my copy has some sort of weird discoloration to it?  Something about the colors on the front of the card seem off to me, but it could simply be my imagination!  

Ignoring the washed out colors for a moment, the rest of the card design is probably best described as "fine."  Honestly, this particular card doesn't move the excitement needle all that much for me - it's standard fare dressed up as something fancy!  

Unfortunately, there is a fancier version of this card (the refractor) that I don't yet own.  I do generally enjoy refractors so hopefully someday I'll be able to track down the refractor parallel of Larkin's 1995 Finest card (and maybe then the colors will "pop" better)!


Comments

  1. I only have one Finest card in my collection. It's also from the '90s, and it's also a bit greenish and discolored. I wonder if it's a common occurrence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not your imagination, this card has begun Hulking out. Eventually though, they'll all be green, so...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment