Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 990: 1995 Flair - #5 - Hot Gloves

Barry Larkin
Year:  1995
Brand:  Flair
Insert set:  Hot Gloves
Card number:  5



The 1995 Flair Hot Gloves insert set captures what was great about 90s baseball cards!  Fun theme, strange fonts, and a card that actually feels like an insert.  The Hot Gloves cards were also quite rare - seeded 1:25 packs (the rarest inserts in 1995 Flair Series Two).  

Here's the full checklist for the Hot Gloves set:
1 Roberto Alomar
2 Barry Bonds
3 Ken Griffey, Jr.
4 Marquis Grissom
5 Barry Larkin
6 Darren Lewis
7 Kenny Lofton
8 Don Mattingly
9 Cal Ripken, Jr.
10 Ivan Rodriguez
11 Devon White
12 Matt Williams

As you can see, the list of featured players kind of runs the gamut.  You've got first ballot Hall of Famers (Griffey, Ripken) all the way down to guys who many would now say "who?!" (Lewis, White).  As for me, I like that the checklist has a bit more variety than many inserts of the time period...but I'm also glad that Barry Larkin made the cut!  All told, this card is a keeper* for sure as I like it quite a bit! 

*to be fair, all Barry Larkin cards are keepers to me but you know what I'm trying to say.

Comments

  1. Did you get the Leaf Larkin I sent a few weeks ago? Perhaps you posted it already, I can't tell from your Larkin list.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment