Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 992: 1995 Kenner Starting Lineup

Barry Larkin
Year:  1995
Brand:  Kenner Starting Lineup
Card number:  none


I never owned a Starting Lineup figure as a kid, I guess my parents must have thought they were a waste of money.  I'm not mad about that though because I wouldn't have room to store a big box of figures today.  Instead, I can simply focus on trying to acquire the baseball cards that were packaged with said figures!  

The 1995 Kenner Starting Lineup cards are actually quite nice.  I like the curves on the card, definitely eye-catching for the consumer (which was probably the goal).  Throw in the Reds' running man logo and a nice action shot of Barry turning a double-play and I'm sold!  The icing on top of the cake is that you get full career stats on the back of the card.  Well done, Kenner Starting Lineup!  

Comments

  1. I collected Starting Lineup figures through most of their run. Had to look up the '95 Larkin to see if it looked familiar to me. It doesn't. I know I had his 1991 figure though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The storage thing is definitely an issue. When I returned to the hobby in the late 2000's, I'd find figures for $1 to $2 at the flea market on a regular basis... and I just couldn't pass them up. Then around 5... maybe 6 or 7 years ago... I made the call to open up the majority of these to save space. These days I'm like you, I focus on the cards. However I do enjoy keeping specific ones in the package if they're from the 80's and are in really nice condition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had a few figures. Have passed them on to my kids. I do like the cards though I've not looked to acquire any of them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, and a very fun set!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment