Featured Post

The Non-Reds Frankenset: Cards #379 - 414

Board Game Friday: BoardGameGeek's Top 100 and My Personal Collection

I use BoardGameGeek (aka BGG) to track my entire board game collection (as well as my plays of board games).  One of the extra benefits of keeping track of all my plays is that I can often get some interesting bits of information without a whole lot of effort.  For example, I stumbled across a quick way to figure out how many of the games in my personal collection are in BGG's Top 100 games of all time list.  

The answer?  14.



Interestingly enough, I also have 14 games from games #101-200 on the list!  As far as the Top 100 goes, here are the games I currently own (along with their BGG rank):

#2  Pandemic Legacy:  Season 1
#4  Ark Nova
#8  Gloomhaven:  Jaws of the Lion
#18  7 Wonders Duel
#28  Lost Ruins of Arnak
#30  Great Western Trail, 2nd Edition
#38  Food Chain Magnate
#41  Puerto Rico
#45  Cascadia
#50  Frosthaven
#61  Quacks of Quedlinberg
#74  Race for the Galaxy
#88  Robinson Crusoe:  Adventures on the Cursed Island
#89  7 Wonders

Of those 14 games, I've actually only played eight of them (I have not yet played Pandemic Legacy: Season 1, Great Western Trail, 2nd Edition, Food Chain Magnate, Puerto Rico, Frosthaven, or Race for the Galaxy).  I guess I'm a sucker for games that are considered great, probably why I've sought out and purchased games like Food Chain Magnate even if I have no idea when (or if) I'll ever get the chance to play it!

I'm definitely curious if any of you have played any of the other games in the Top 100?  If so, which were your favorites?  

Comments

  1. Six on each list for me. I have a son who plays a lot and some friends of ours have tons of games and always want to play so most of the ones I have played are theirs or ones we bought for our son. Favorite? Wingspan I think, but mostly because I love birds and I love the artwork. Otherwise, Crokinole! Because its Canadian and I can play it with anyone from 5-95.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to have a Caroms board that had a version of Crokinole on the other side of it, definitely a fun game! I've only played Wingspan once and that was the base game without any of the other expansions. I'd like to give that one another try since I'll admit to not exactly seeing what all the fuss was about on my first play (don't get me wrong, I thought it was a fine game but I didn't find it as amazing as so many other people seem to).

      Delete
  2. Spirit Island is where its at. It's certainly on the heavier side, but if you can handle Gloomhaven, you can handle SI.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to try Spirit Island some time!

      Delete

Post a Comment