Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 996: 1995 Red Foley

Barry Larkin / Jose Rijo
Year:  1995
Brand:  Red Foley
Card number:  none


The 1995 Red Foley set was the second (of three) Red Foley sets that were baseball cards rather than the stickers (as the first seven years worth of Red Foley sets were).  In the 1995 set, each team got a card featuring two players from that team (in the Reds' case, Barry was paired with immensely talented but oft injured Jose Rijo).  

Personally, I typically prefer proper baseball cards to sticker cards and that's no exception here as I like the 1995 Red Foley set much more than the earlier sticker versions.  I even like that there is a tiny blurb about each player on the reverse of the card - for an "oddball" set this one is quite well done!

On a side note, this is the 996th entry in my ongoing Barry Larkin collection...hard to believe that I'm rapidly approaching post #1000 in the series!

Comments

  1. I remember Rijo from his days with the A's. Just looked up his career numbers and was blown away. Oft injured or not... he had a really awesome career in Cincinnati.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment