Featured Post

Topps Archives Delivers a MASSIVE Hit (Seriously, not click bait)

This past week, I opened another box of 2023 Topps Archives for another group break.  We had great luck with our first two boxes so why not tempt fate and go for a third?  Well, fate smiled upon us big time:


Yeah, that's a Shohei Ohtani autograph, numbered out of only 35 copies.  Of course, this was for a group break so the card isn't going to me - but it certainly was exciting for me to pull.  If you'd like to see me get speechless, here's the video of the full break (you can skip to the second half of the video when I start breaking the Archives box):


I know I had said I wasn't going to do any more breaks this year but I'm thinking I might try and squeeze in one more yet in early-to-mid December.  Join the Discord so as to not miss out on break (though no promises I'll pull an Ohtani every time)!

Comments

  1. I'm really enjoying your breaks lately - and it's so good to see them yield mega hits like this one. My jaw was on the floor too. just a stunning Shohei auto!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that one blew me away! (Also, thanks for the kind words about my breaks!)

      Delete
  2. Wow major hit!!
    (Side note, are you doing the blogger awards again this year?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, blog awards are happening - voting has been open for awhile: https://fanofreds.blogspot.com/2023/11/3rd-annual-nachos-grande-end-of-year.html

      Delete
  3. Yeah, that's a major one. I'm in no position to open three boxes to get an Ohtani autograph (nor do I want to, given my lack of interest in Archives) but I can see why breakers like this set, the chances for yielding something eye-popping is greater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a small group breaker like my breaks tend to be, Archives is nice because there is generally representation across all 30 teams. I wouldn't recommend anyone buy Archives for the hits (that being said, I've been extremely lucky in the last few Archives group break boxes)!

      Delete
  4. That's awesome! I'm impressed at how relaxed you were with that pull. I would have been shaking.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment