Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 1000: 2002 Playoff Absolute Memorabilia - #TT-9 - Team Tandems Materials

Barry Larkin & Ken Griffey, Jr.
Year:  2002
Brand:  Playoff Absolute Memorabilia
Insert set:  Team Tandem Materials
Card number:  TT-9



For my 1,000 different Barry Larkin card post, I wanted something a bit out of the ordinary to show off.  To do so, I headed over to eBay and found this particular card that I hadn't seen before - a dual relic card of Ken Griffey, Jr. and Barry Larkin where each relic is a piece of a base.  According to the card back, one of the bases was used during the Reds vs. Brewers game on April 6, 2001 (the Brewers won that game 5-4, Larkin was 2-4, Griffey was 0-1 as a pinch hitter) while the other base was used during a Reds vs. Cardinals game on June 27, 2001 (Reds won that one 3-1, Griffey was 0-3, Larkin did not play).  

Unfortunately, the card didn't scan particularly well (my scanner hates foilboard) but I promise that the card looks quite nice in hand!  I'm certainly happy to have this relic in my collection - even more so since it combines Larkin & Griffey in one card!  

As for my Barry Larkin Collection, this may be post #1000 but I've got over 700 more cards fully scanned and yet to be shown off.  By the time I get through those, there's a pretty good chance I'll be pushing up near 2,000 unique Larkin cards.  Who would have ever thought that would be possible?!  

Comments

  1. Cool card. Dual relics can be hit or miss. Not a big fan when card companies match up two random players or when one player is a hall of famer and the other is a rookie that never panned out. But this card hit a home run with two hall of famers who were teammates. Doesn't get better than that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment