Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 999: 1987 Broder Indiana Blue Sox - #7

Barry Larkin
Year:  1987
Brand:  Broder Indiana Blue Sox
Card number:  7


I've seen this particular card listed a few different ways online (some sources say "Broder Indiana Blue Sox" while others say "New Reds Machine" and leave it at that.  No matter how you label it, I'm pleased to report that this is the final card that I needed for my Barry Larkin Collection of 1987 cards.  As you may know, 1987 is Barry's official rookie year which means I am now the happy owner of a copy of each of Barry's various rookie cards (licensed or not)!

As for the actual card featured today, for an unlicensed card I like it quite a bit.  It's nice to get a very young looking Larkin on a card - and how about those mesh Reds jerseys?!  Yeah, the eighties are calling.  Of course, the downside to this particular card has to be the card back...not only is it boring but it's also so vague that I don't even know 100% what this set is supposed to be called!  

In the end, this is card #999 in my Barry Larkin Collection meaning the next Larkin card that I feature on the blog will be card #1000.  Of course, I should note that I've got a ton more Barry Larkin cards to show off yet, my real collection total is closer to 2000 different Larkin cards as opposed to 1000 different cards.  It's a slow burn to show them all off on the blog!

Comments

  1. I know all too much about the slow crawl on keeping up with number updates on player posts like this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on completing his '87 run!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment