- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Featured Post
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Today, I have the second part of my recent purchase from COMC. This is one of the final packages that arrived at the end of 2023 so I'm happy to report that I'm nearly caught up on last year's mail!
Let's dive right in and see what else I plucked off of the website and threw into my cart.
We'll start with this Derek Jeter card from 2000 Pacific.
That is the final card that I needed for my 2000 Pacific set build - a build that took me much longer than I thought it would when I started it.
Sticking with the year 2000, here are two more from the 2000 Metal set.
I've mentioned it a number of times before but I kind of stopped liking the 2000 Metal set quite awhile ago. Unfortunately (?), I could never quite convince myself to give up on collecting the set. That's all a moot point now though because thanks to the COMC purchase I now have the 2000 Metal set complete! Those Prospect short prints were super annoying to track down, I will say that for anyone else out there who might be considering building that particular set.
Next, from 2010 comes the final card I needed from 2010 National Chicle.
The 2010 National Chicle set is another set loaded with annoying short prints. As I get older, I hate short prints more and more...they truly are the bane of any set collector. I also don't love the National Chicle set anymore - but where to unload complete sets that I no longer want/have room for?!
You might think that I didn't buy any cards that I actually like but you'd be wrong as I was able to grab two more cards from the 2009 Topps Heritage American Heroes Edition: Heroes of Spaceflight insert set (that's a mouthful, isn't it?!). Even better, those were the last two cards that I needed for my set!
Finally, we end with more cards from 2009 - this time from the 2009 Topps American Heritage:
I'm definitely sick of short prints but I'm even more sick of politics (and political cards). However, like with many of the sets in today's post I had made it so close to set completion that I had to go for it. And yes, those two Obama cards were the final two short prints that I needed for the base set build.
That'll do it for today's portion of my COMC purchase. I have one more batch of cards to show off but those will have to wait for a future post!
Comments





You can unload complete sets on me :) But I never really liked the National Chicle set. It reminds me of a Goudey knockoff. The Heroes of Spaceflight insert is very cool.
ReplyDeleteHey, a Reggie Jackson Orioles card :)
ReplyDeleteI completed the 2000 Metal set a long time ago, and it was a challenge. If I were still working on it I'd lose interest, too.
There were sooo many Obama cards around that time. The shadowy one isn't great (and I'm not a fan of the 1971 Topps design anyway) but it's a nice reminder of the good old days.
Looks like I'm in the minority in regards to the 2010 National Chicle set. It has flaws, but a lot of the set is attractive (to me). Years ago, I let another collector do the dirty work and I picked up the entire set with SP's on eBay for less than the cost of 2 blasters.
ReplyDelete