- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Featured Post
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
I'm nearly done clearing off my table of mail from 2023! Today, I have the last of my recent COMC order to show off...buckle up for a bunch of new-to-me Barry Larkin cards!
The vast majority of the Barry Larkin cards that I bought were from either 2022 or 2023 but I did grab one older card that I needed from way back in 2000:
That's a Pacific Gold parallel #/199 of Larkin's "portrait variation" card. Since Barry has two different base cards in the 2000 Pacific set, I have to track down all of the various parallels twice (once for each base card)! I don't yet own Larkin's gold parallel for his regular base card but at least I have this particular gold.
Next, we skip all the ahead to 2022 for my next batch of cards beginning with this Career Stat Line parallel from 2022 Donruss.
Donruss has an incredible number of parallels to track down and for my money the Stat Line parallels are some of the dumbest (I know they are a callback to mid-90s Donruss but those parallels were stupid then and they are still stupid now). Of course, I'm the one buying them so maybe it's me who is stupid.
Next, also from 2022, is this Hall Worthy Spectrum Blue parallel from 2022 Panini Absolute.
It's a pretty enough card I guess and it's definitely one of the better Panini cards where I don't notice the lack of logos as much. Happy to be able to grab a fairly low numbered Larkin card for a reasonable price (this one is #/149).
I also grabbed two other 2022 Barry Larkin cards from the Allen & Ginter Chrome set: one is a regular refractor while the other is a Magenta refractor #/199.
Finally, we end with a small batch of Larkin cards from 2023:
I'm leaving those cards in their penny sleeve until I can get my 2023 Larkin cards sorted. I'm about 10% of the way through my 2022 Larkin cards right now and then I'll move on to 2023. Of course, I have to wait until the card companies stop releasing 2023 sets (for example, 2023 Stadium Club is to be released later this month yet)!
That closes out my recent COMC order. Always fun to get new Larkin cards and I think I did pretty well overall in terms of adding to my collection without breaking the bank at all. Here's to acquiring even more Barry Larkin cards in 2024!
Comments





Clearing off a table of mail sounds awesome! I'd love to see how other collectors sort, organize, and deal with mail... because I'll sit in my office for 3 to 4 hours (about what my back can tolerate) and leave without feeling I've accomplished anything.
ReplyDelete