Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 1,004: 1988 Donruss - #492 - Variation

Barry Larkin
Year:  1988
Brand:  Donruss
Card number:  492
Variation:  No period


You don't get to the point of having over 1,000 different cards of a player without having a few "dumb" cards in your collection.  Today's featured card is a perfect example of a "dumb card" in that it's one of those asinine variations from late 80s, early 90s Donruss.  In this case, the card is a variation from Larkin's regular base card because this one is missing the period after Leaf, Inc 

Yeah, I told you this one was a "dumb card."  TCDB considers the different versions to be different cards, however, so I'm doing the same.  If nothing else, it pads my Larkin Collection stats a bit...so here's to the next 1,000 cards (though let's hope the majority of them are pointless variations like this one ended up being)!

Comments

  1. Dumb indeed. I'm not chasing those "missing period" variations for my Angels team sets, but I am for my PCs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only "dummy" doing this kind of nonsense! Appreciate you making me feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was sorting all of my Gwynn dupes... I started going through the different variations on TCDB and pulled out the ones I had. I doubt I'll ever get to the point where I'm actually hunting down silly variations like these, but I'll never say never.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With my eyes, not sure if the dot variations or upper deck hologram variations fron the early 90s are worse!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment