Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 1,006: 1990 Kenner Starting Lineup

Barry Larkin
Year:
  1990
Brand:  Kenner Starting Lineup
Card number:  none


Kenner Starting Lineup figures were quite popular when I was a kid but for whatever reason I never personally got into collecting them.  As such, I've had to try and track down the various Barry Larkin cards included with said figures now that I'm an old man and no longer a kid.  Luckily, the cards must have been relatively mass produced as most Kenner Starting Lineup cards have been fairly easy to procure!

As for this particular issue, I think the 1990 design is quite solid!  I love the easy-to-read logo and nameplate "bubble" on the card front.  Larkin looks a little "doofus-esque" in the photo but at least it's a candid shot that I haven't seen on any other cards before.  The back gives career MLB stats along with a faux signature - no real complaints from me on this one and I'm definitely happy to now own the card (though I still won't be actively seeking out the plastic figurines).

Note:  Barry Larkin actually had two different Starting Lineup cards from 1990.  I showed off the other one about five years ago (see here).  For the record, I think I like the card featured today better...the black and white borders aged better than the bright yellow though the other card has a better action shot of Barry. 

Comments