Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 1,009: 1994 Pacific - #149 - Card Number Error Variation

Barry Larkin
Year:  1994
Brand:  Pacific
Card number:  149 (card number error variation)


In 1994, Pacific issued their standard flagship set with two versions of Barry Larkin's card, the correct version was #150 while the error version had #149 instead.  I've already shown off the correct version of the card, so today we have the error version only (and again, the only difference is the incorrect card number).

I have no idea how errors like this occur during a set design.  From what I can tell, there are a large number of cards in the 1994 Pacific set that have two different versions, mostly Reds and Indians (since Pacific lumped the same team together within the set) along with the Tigers (which is weird since chronologically Detroit slots in much later in the set as compared to the Reds and Indians). 

Overall, I have no real sense as to how rare or common the error cards are, but I do know I'm happy to have this one in my collection (and, truth be told, I'd rather collect error variations like different card numbers as opposed to variations of missing periods or asterisks).  

Comments

  1. Lucky. I still need to track down all these wrong number ones for my master set. Some day, they aren't easy to find. I can see Detroit being affected as only the Rockies separate them from CLE and CIN. Why not COL also, no idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't find information as to how common/rare the misnumbered cards were (or perhaps some are more rare than others?)

      Delete
  2. Pacific's photography was top notch. Honestly... both of these photos could have been used in Upper Deck's 1993 set (known for stellar photography) and blend in perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment