Featured Post

It's Finals Monday (and also TCDB time)!

Barry Larkin Collection 1,014: 1995 Stadium Club - #24 - Virtual Reality Member's Only

Barry Larkin
Year:  1995
Brand:  Stadium Club
Insert set:  Virtual Reality Member's Only
Card number:  24


The Virtual Reality set is a partial parallel of the regular Stadium Club set while the Member's Only stamp means this card was only available in box set form.  I guess that means this card is a parallel partial parallel?  I dunno, Topps goes crazy with their parallels sometimes.  I'm not a big fan of the "box set only" form of parallels, nor am I a fan of parallels that are differentiated by only a gold stamp.  File this card under the "glad I own the Larkin card but I don't love myself for feeling like I needed to track this one down" pile.  You might think that's a mighty specific pile name but unfortunately there are quite a few cards that reside in it...  Oh well, that's the life of a player collector!

Comments

  1. A parallel or a parallel. Interesting choice by Topps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had to check my Gwynn binders to see if I owned one of these. Not only do I need the parallel of the parallel... i need the parallel as well.

      Delete
    2. The 1995 Stadium Club set is full of parallels, parallels of parallels, and parallels of inserts. What a mess!

      Delete

Post a Comment