Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 1,034: 1996 Bowman - #17 - Bowman's Best Preview Refractor

Barry Larkin
Year:  1996
Brand:  Bowman
Insert set:  Bowman's Best Preview - Refractor
Card number:  17


A few days ago, I showed off the Atomic Refractor version of this card.  Today, we have the more common Refractor to take a look at.  As a reminder, the Refractor Preview cards were seeded 1:24 packs while the Atomic Refractor Previews were seeded 1:48 packs.  Interestingly enough, I think I prefer the more understated Refractor as opposed to the much crazier looking Atomic Refractor!

As for the card design itself, I think this is one of the better looking cards with the word "Bowman" on it anywhere.  Generally, I find Bowman designs to be lacking any sort of style or inspiration.  The inspiration here certainly isn't lacking...though what that inspiration was is a bit unknown (a flattened banana highway perhaps?).  No matter, this is another nice card to have in my Barry Larkin Collection!

Comments

  1. I totally agree. Regular Refractor > Atomic Refractor

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment