Featured Post

Bringing Home the Shiny!

Today brings us a fun mail day full of shiny Barry Larkin parallels.  Both of today's cards came from eBay (albeit different sellers, unfortunately for shipping cost purposes).  

We'll start with this card:


That's a Purple parallel from this year's Topps Series 1 1989 Topps Baseball 35th Anniversary Chrome set.  The purple cards are numbered out of only 75 copies so they are fairly tough to find in the wild!  I wouldn't say that purple is one of my preferred colors for baseball cards but the color works well with this year's Chrome design!  

My other eBay purchase was also a shiny Barry Larkin card, though this time from last year's Panini Prizm set:


That's a Green Ice Prizm parallel (not serially numbered).  Much like purple, green isn't usually a great parallel color for Cincinnati Reds cards.  However, I like the look of this card quite a bit as well!

It's not often I get a green and a purple Larkin parallel - so much color to add to my binder!

Comments