Featured Post

Getting Down to Needing Only 1 or 2 Cards from a Set!

I'm getting closer and closer to having the full 2024 Topps Series 1 Silver Pack Chrome set in hand.  Today, I have the results of a tiny eBay auction I won:



Yep, a single Wade Boggs card from the Series 1 set.  I learned a long time ago that once you get down to the final 10% or so of a set, you often have to acquire cards one at a time until the set is completed.  Heck, I've got a full want list of sets still that are only missing a few cards (and I'd be ecstatic at this point if I could even inch one card closer to completion for most of them)!  

In fact, in writing that previous sentence I decided to go back to my want list to see exactly how many sets I'm within a card or two of completing.  Here's the full list:

2023 Topps Allen & Ginter:
Cabinet Box loaders:
BC- 3

2020 Topps Allen & Ginter:
Framed relics:  
MFR-HA Hank Aaron - Milwaukee Braves

Good luck to me on ever getting that final relic card.

2015 Topps Allen & Ginter:
Mini Inserts:
A Healthy Body:  Body- 5

2015 Upper Deck Dinosaurs:
Inserts:
Patch cards:  57, 60

2013 Topps Allen & Ginter:
Wonders of the World Cabinet Boxloaders
WOW-1 Great Pyramid of Giza
WOW-20 Paricutin Volcano

2012 Topps Allen & Ginter:
Fashionable Ladies:  2, 10
Gold border minis:  70

2012 Topps Archives:
Classic Combos:  58- SF
In Action:  82IA- JE

2011 Topps Lineage:
1975 Mini relics:  75R-TP (Tony Perez)

2009 Topps Allen & Ginter
Inventions of the Future (minis): FI5

2009 Topps Heritage (Low and High Series):
Base:  698
Rookie Performers:  RP-03

2006 Fleer Greats of the Game:
Nickname Greats:  
RG.  Ron Guidry

That's a total of 14 different sets that I'm working on where I only need one or two cards to complete it!  You'll notice the sets go all the way back to 2006, so it's not like this is a particularly new problem for me to encounter!  If you have any of the above cards (or anything else on my want list), please let me know - I'd love to work out a trade if possible!

Comments