Featured Post

TCDB Monday!

TCDB Monday!

Another Monday, another TCDB weekly trade recap.  This past week was a bit slow on the trading front but I expect things to pick up shortly since I recently updated my wants for 2024 Topps Series 2 over on TCDB.  Usually, whenever I list modern base card wants I get flooded with trade offers...we'll see if that trend continues this week!

However, I'm not here to talk about trades that might happen in the future.  No, I'm here to show off trades that already happened in the past.  To get us started, here's a swap with user cddias68:


That's a 2024 Topps Series 2 Silver Pack Chrome card.  I'm still plugging away at both the Series 1 and Series 2 sets, though if all goes well Series 1 should be completed by the time you read next week's TCDB mailbag recap!  

My next trade was also for a single card from the 2024 Series 2 Silver Pack Chrome set.  However, this time it was with user metalbuckeye:



I definitely like this year's Silver Pack Chrome set - the 1989 Topps design was always a favorite of mine (so many of those cards are forever engrained in my mind from my childhood).  I have a feeling I might chase after similar sets based on the 1990 and 1991 Topps designs (and possibly 1992 as well if Topps puts the stadium photos on the back of the cards).  Once you get to 1993 Topps and beyond, my fondness/nostalgia sort of dissipates until I got back into collecting around 2007ish.

Finally, we end the past week's worth of packages with a PWE from user theberle:



That's another new Barry Larkin card for my collection.  More specifically, it's a Black and White parallel from the 2023 Stadium Club set.  There are many, many parallels in that particular set but at least there is now one less parallel that I'll need to track down in the future!  

That does it for the past week on TCDB.  As it stands now, I have 

Comments