Featured Post

A COMC Order from June!

Back in June of this year, I received my cards from another COMC order.  I think I probably placed the actual order in May (or maybe April?) but obviously there wasn't a big rush since it's now August and I'm only now getting around to showing off some of the cards!

Anyhow, the bulk of the order was for a big chunk of what I was still missing from the 2024 Topps Series 1 Silver Pack Chrome set.  Of course, I have continued to trade for cards from the set so a few of what I ordered from COMC ended up being duplicates.  However, that's fine since hopefully I'll be able to use those cards as trade bait to help me complete the Series 2 Chrome set as well.  



Speaking of completing sets, the above batch of cards did fill in all of the remaining holes in my Series 1 Chrome set which is awesome!  Definitely happy to be able to strike that set from my want list - and now I can start focusing more narrowly on the Series 2 set.

In addition to the many shiny Chrome cards, I also picked up two other cards from my want list.  The first of those was this mini from the 2015 Allen & Ginter "A Healthy Body" insert set:


The Healthy Body (and Healthy Mind) inserts were tough to find which probably helps to explain why I'm still searching for many cards from the pair of ten-card sets nearly a decade later.  

The final card that I grabbed from my want list was a year older than the preceding mini card:  a 2014 Upper Deck Dinosaurs patch card of the Dire Wolf.



This is one of the super short printed patches that round out the 60-card patch set.  I've now acquired all but two cards from this particular set...so who knows, maybe within the next decade I'll finish this one off as well!

All told, a successful little purchase from COMC!  However, that wasn't all as I also grabbed some Barry Larkin cards that I needed but you'll have to wait for another day and another post to get a peek at those cards!  

Comments

  1. Congratulations on getting that 2014 UD Dinosaur patch set down to two cards. That's super impressive with all of those different short print tiers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment