Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 1,039: 2021 Topps Allen & Ginter - #RIP-BL - Rip Card

Barry Larkin
Year:  2021
Brand:  Topps Allen & Ginter
Insert set:  Rip Card (ripped)
Card number:  RIP-BL (#82/99)



The Allen & Ginter brand is probably best known for two things:  random inclusions in the base set and Rip Cards as chase cards.  The card you see above is one of the Rip Cards - basically a card that holds another mini card inside but you have to destroy the big card to get to the inner, mystery card.  I generally don't try to buy unripped Rip Cards, but given the chance to acquire a ripped version I jumped on it since that's a much more affordable way to add another Larkin card to my collection!

With the Rip Card now in hand, I'm nearly done with the 2021 Allen & Ginter set in terms of collecting the various Barry Larkin cards featured in the set.  Here's the full checklist of what I'm after with "no" meaning I still need to acquire the card for my collection:


I still don't own a single Stained Glass mini (from any year of A&G) so that's definitely a card I'd like to acquire.  The Mini No Number and Brooklyn Backs are nearly as interesting but they are both difficult to find, especially years after the set's release! 

Comments

  1. The Stained Glass minis are really nice looking cards. When you combine that with their scarcity... I'm guessing they are pretty pricey.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment