Featured Post

TCDB Monday!

Buying on a Whim on eBay!

Do you ever on eBay and buy something on a whim?  I must admit that I try to avoid doing that but every now and then I break down and click that "buy" button without much thought.  Today's mail day is the proof of me doing that recently:



That's a 2016 Panini Pantheon Noble Timber relic card which happens to be numbered out of 99.  There's nothing particularly special about this card - it's unlicensed, the two relics are both chunks of wood, etc. but I do like the fact that the card is die-cut at least.

Still, no real reason for my to have bought this one - after all, I'll never actually own every Barry Larkin card so why bother with stuff like this?  Well, I can't tell you why other than it is what it is and now I need one less Panini card!

Even better, I'm now one card closer to having all* of the Barry Larkin cards from 2016.  For whatever reason, I hardly have any cards of Barry from 2016.  The Noble Timber card is only my 8th Larkin from 2016 (for context, I'm still missing 54 cards).  A long ways to go but perhaps a few more nights on eBay with a weak resolve will get me closer again in the future!

*only cards with a stated print run of at least 25 copies are considered for my collecting purposes.

Comments

  1. Fits the parameters for your collection. You needed it. That seems to be a reason for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a bad influence on me! :-P

      Delete
  2. I buy stuff on a whim on eBay all the time. Or more accurately I search on a whim. If I see something I think is a particularly good buy, I'll probably bid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the close to 20 years I have been on ebay probably twice a year- I had no idea going into a day where I was going to own a certain card/set by the end of the day

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've definitely bought stuff on a whim off of eBay. Won't say it's a high percentage of the time since most of my purchases are from saved searches. But it definitely happens every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice Larkin! Whim or not, I doubt you'll have any regrets about that one.

    The only time I bid/buy things on a whim is if I spend too much time looking through a seller's other items. My initial purchase is usually carefully thought out but then.. oh, they have that, too? and that? and that? and... now I've spent $25 more than I planned!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment