Featured Post

Completing Another Set Thanks to SeeSpotBid!

A few weeks ago, I was contacted by Kaverk Development in regards to their app SeeSpotBid.  I had never heard of the app but basically it is a phone app that you can use to do eBay searches in a much quicker manner.  More specifically, a typical eBay saved search will run once per day and you'll get a summary email about the new listings that meet your search criteria.  SeeSpotBid does the same thing, except it searches eBay every 30 minutes (for the free version at least which is what I used).  Thus, if you are looking for something difficult to find and/or in high demand, SeeSpotBid will theoretically give you a much better chance of winning that item on eBay!

Here's the explanation that Kaverk Development sent me regarding the app:
- You create a "Search Alert" for something you're looking for on eBay, and input all the criteria like keywords, price, condition, location, buying format, etc.
- Our servers start searching eBay every X minutes in the background (NOT on your phone). The free version of SeeSpotBid performs this search every 30 minutes, and the paid version updates every 10 minutes. 
- As soon as a BIN item is listed that matches your Search Alert, or a matching Auction is getting close to ending, you receive a Push Notification on your phone. 
- The app lets you view items from eBay with pictures, description, price, time left, etc. If you decide the item is something you want to buy, you simply click the link and it takes you to eBay, so you are purchasing it through the browser instead of through SeeSpotBid, so we never need your credentials. 

At the request of the developer (and with a small amount of cash as a thank you for trying the app), I used the app to run some saved searches for specific cards that I needed to complete some of my sets.  While most of the searches came up empty (I'm looking at you, remaining 2010 Ginter relics), I did get a hit on a much more common card - a 2023 Allen & Ginter box topper of Shohei Ohtani.



That Ohtani was the final card that I needed for my cabinet card set from last year - and I got it just in time since 2024 Allen & Ginter should be released in the next couple of months (at least I hope so?!).  

You may also notice that background of the above photo.  I also recently had a custom mat made for my group breaks - and I wanted to show it off here on the blog as well.  

Here's a better look:



I ended up trying out an online AI art generator (hence the funky stitching on the baseballs) and ended up with an image that I was quite pleased with for purposes of group breaks and other things over on my YouTube channel (please subscribe).  I then found an online custom mat printer and a few days later the mat was in my mailbox!  I'll never be a "professional group breaker" but at least now I have a mat for the smaller breaks that I do like to do!  And finally, speaking of group breaks, you can find all my group breaks over on my Discord (sign up here)!  

A big thank you to SeeSpotBid for sponsoring today's post - and more importantly, giving me the cash to finish off another set!  

Comments

  1. You've got me interested in this AI art generator. Maybe I'll play around with one during one of the required professional development meetings next week. It did a nice job on your design. It's way past my bedtime... but I'm totally craving some nachos right now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment