Featured Post

The Great Hunt Continues!

My slow, slow march towards completing the run of Barry Larkin cards from the 2023 Topps Chrome Platinum Anniversary set continues with me nabbing one more card from eBay:


That's a Blue Shimmer Refractor #/100 and it's another gorgeous-looking card from the set!  Even better, I can knock one more card off of my want list for the set.  At this point, I'm down to needing "only" 20 more Barry Larkin cards from the 2023 Topps Chrome Platinum Anniversary set.  For those who might be curious, here's what I'm still looking for:

2023 Topps Chrome Platinum Anniversary Barry Larkin Want List:
  1. Blue Prism Refractors
  2. Gold Prism Refractors
  3. Red Prism Refractors
  4. Speckle Refractors – /150
  5. Platinum Toile White/Green Refractors – /99
  6. Rose Gold Mini-Diamond Refractors – /75
  7. Gold Refractors – /50
  8. Gold Wave Refractors – /50 (hobby only)
  9. Platinum Toile Cream/Gold Refractors – /50
  10. Orange Refractors – /25
  11. Orange Wave Refractors – /25
  12. Platinum Toile White/Orange Refractors – /25
  13. Autographs
  14. Autographs Refractor #/199
  15. Autographs Aqua Refractor #/150
  16. Autographs Blue Prism Refractor #/99
  17. Autographs Platinum Toile Cream/Blue Refractor #/99
  18. Autographs Green Refractor #/75
  19. Autographs Gold Refractor #/50
  20. Autographs Orange Refractor #/25
There sure are a lot of low serially numbered cards on that list!  On the bright side, I now own 11 Larkin cards from the set so I've almost acquired one-third of what I'm chasing.

I guess the real fun of a set like Topps Chrome Platinum Anniversary is the thrill of the hunt, not necessarily having a realistic shot of completing a player's rainbow (at least, certainly not on the budget that I have for cards)!  

Comments

  1. Look at it as owning 11 of the cards from the set gives you a match with his uniform number.
    Maybe you should stop at 11?
    I looked on eBay, Larkin has a really nice autograph. Nice enough that I might try and find an autographed card for my collection sometime.
    Question: Do you have any SN cards that are 11/ -- ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be quite the accomplishment to fill a 9-pocket page with a single player. You've done that and more. Congratulations... and best luck tracking down more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment