Featured Post

A Movie Star? Larry Walker is not Impressed.

With only eight packs remaining in my box of 1998 Collector's Choice Series 2 box, I'm sad that the box rip is nearly done.  I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for the late 90s Collector's Choice sets since they were a favorite of mine back in the day (and, not-so-coincidentally, also about the only packs I could find and afford at the time).

Enough reminiscing about the olden days, let's get to the pack ripping which is why you are here!

Pack 29:
383.  Carl Everett


Did you know that Everett was a three-sport star back during his high school days?  I'm guessing most professional ballplayers were multi-sport stars as kids, though perhaps not three-sport stars.  It's also worth pointing out how wonderful the Collector's Choice card backs are:  super readable, great secondary photography, easy-to-spot card number, and interesting write-ups and "Did You Know" boxes.  

Pack 30:
360.  Larry Walker


Larry is not impressed.  Why?  Probably because, according to the back of his card, he was an undrafted free agent that the Expos eventually signed after seeing him play on Canada's national junior team.

Pack 31:
StarQuest:  SQ26.  Paul Konerko


My second "Double" parallel from the box.  The Double cards are seeded 1:21 packs so I had a decent shot at landing two in my box.  That said, still no sign of a Triple parallel (seeded 1:71 packs) nor a Home Run (#/100).  

Pack 32:
514.  Kevin Elster


According to Elster's card back, he had a featured role in the movie "Little Big League."  A fun tidbit for an otherwise dour looking card!

And with that, eight remaining packs become only four remaining packs!  I'll be finishing off this box in the near future, but first I must go sort the latest batch of packs.

Comments