Featured Post

COMC Delivers! Part 4 (A Mastodon, Several Chromes, and Some Mini Cardboard Cards)

We have reached the conclusion of my recent COMC purchase!  I was able to find cards that I needed from several sets, and today's batch is no exception.  We'll start with a few Chrome Refractors from last year's Allen & Ginter set:


I am certainly happy to make some more solid progress on the 100-card Chrome Refractor set build.  At this point in time, I'm down to needing only 14 more cards.  Unfortunately, several of the missing 14 are cards that are probably still in relatively high demand (and thus, cards that will fetch relatively high prices on the secondary market, or at least higher than I'd want to pay)!

On the off chance that someone reading this has any 2024 A&G Chrome Refractors lying around unloved, here's what I'm still searching for:


As you can see from the above list, I'm missing several of the rookie cards from last year's set (Dominguez, De La Cruz, plus guys like Aaron Judge and Bobby Witt, Jr.).  Luckily, there are still several guys that I'm missing that should be relatively easy to either trade for or purchase outright, but obviously, I'd prefer to go the trading route if possible!

Sticking with the Chrome A&G theme, I was able to snag one more Mini Chrome from last year's A&G set.


That's Byron Buxton now in hand, and with that, I'm down to needing only ten more cards from the Mini Chrome set.  Interestingly enough, there's very little overlap between the cards that I need in mini Chrome form versus those that I still need in Chrome Refractor form:

In fact, only #76 Nick Loftin has eluded me in both Chrome Refractor and Mini Chrome form!

My last purchase from the 2024 A&G set was this 50 States mini of New York:


I am down to needing only two more cards to finish off this set (Connecticut and New Mexico).  I certainly expect to finish off the 50 States set at some point in 2025.  Of all the sets remaining on my want list, I'd say that this one ought to be the easiest (and cheapest) to complete!

Finally, moving away from cheap, we have this 2015 Upper Deck Dinosaurs card from the Age of the Dinosaurs Patches set.  


The Mastodon is part of the high number, super short prints (originally seeded 1:578 packs)!  The patch set has five such super short prints, and I am pleased to report that I'm now only missing ONE of them (Neanderthal Man, the final card in the set).  

Now that I'm nearly done with the Dinosaur Patch set, I'd love to come up with a cool way of displaying them in all of their glory.  The cards are super thick which makes most standard display options not work (including 9-pocket pages and binders).  If anyone has any ideas for me, I'm all ears!

And with that, my COMC purchase is now complete.  Hopefully, I'll be able to make another COMC order later this year and knock even more cards off of my want list.  In the mean time, you can bet that I'll be doing my best to work out trades for any remaining cards on my want list!

Comments

  1. That's really cool that you're down to the final card on the Dinosaur Patch set build. It sounds like you'd prefer to display them in a binder. Don't really have any ideas along those lines. I do have a set of Green Bay Packers helmet cards which are thick cards (remind me of Sweet Spot helmet cards) that I store in BCW 10ct. slider boxes. They work perfectly with card stands if you wanted to display those patches.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment