Featured Post

Board Game Friday: Doing Some Board Game Trading!

Happy Friday, everyone.  For today's post, I have a recent board game trade to show off.  I already highlighted this over on my Instagram account, but blogging allows a lot more text, so let's get into it!


I was able to swap Cat in the Box: Deluxe Edition for Akrotiri.  Both games exist in relatively small boxes, so this wasn't a trade meant to free up shelf space.  Instead, I swapped out a good game (but one that I don't have the right people to play it with) for a game that I'm hoping will be a hit with my son and me!

Outgoing:  Cat in the Box: Deluxe Edition


Personally, I loved Cat in the Box, so I was kind of sad to see it leave my collection.  However, realistically, it was a game that was difficult to explain to non-gamers, which always meant the first play was kind of janky.  For gamers, I have so many other hobby games that I'd rather play, and Cat in the Box, while interesting, never had enough depth to keep me going back to it with a dedicated group of players.  Thus, Cat in the Box leaves my collection as a game that simply never seemed to fit in, rather than being a game I'd consider "bad."  

Incoming:  Akrotiri


I will have to report back on my thoughts on Akrotiri once I get it played!  I do love Greek-themed games, so I have high hopes for this one (it appears to be a quick, yet quite thinky, puzzle/pick-up-and-deliver style game).  I don't have a lot of games that fit into that mold, so hopefully this one ends up being a keeper for my collection!  

Comments