Featured Post

Cincinnati Baseball: A Picture Says It All.


For many Cincinnati Reds fans, this photo of Bronson Arroyo sums up the Reds' 2008 season. Ridiculous.


In other news, the Reds beat the Arizona Diamondbacks...on a Corey Patterson, extra-inning homerun no less. I don't know about you, but if I were a Diamondback fan I would know my team's playoff chances are slim when I'm losing games to Corey Patterson (he of a .202 batting average).

Now all that's left in MLB is to see which happens first: Corey Patterson's average plummets back below the .200 line or the Cubs blow their World Series hopes in the playoffs (or possibly before then).

At least my Steelers are on tonight...and my Penn State Nittany Lions have looked good so far this year (albeit against marginal teams).

And finally, in a non-sports note, did you happen to catch Saturday Night Live last night? Phelps hosted (and was basically ok) but the opening sketch featuring a "non-partisan message" of Clinton and Palin (Amy Poehler and Tina Fey) was hilarious. I'd link to it, but it appears that NBC is vigilantly pursuing all copies of the sketch as they are posted on YouTube. My favorite quote "and I can see Russia from my house" by Fey's Palin in regard to her international diplomacy experience.

Source:

Comments

  1. At least you guys have a few young studs...like Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:47 AM

    HA that is just klassic!!!

    smile freds, the steelers won...we play u next ;0

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3rdStone: That's true. The Reds have a great young core of players, but I have no confidence that management will make the right decisions and complement the young guys with enough "established" players in order to compete in '09.

    ck: The Steelers did win (though they won ugly). Good luck to your Eagles tonight...and next week ought to be a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:29 PM

    Freds, a win is a win is a win LOL!

    thank u for the eagle love, it's appreciated. Next week is going to be just as much fun as tonight will be.......like i said, win lose or draw i love my team, no 2 ways about it ~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment