Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

FanOfReds' Predictions Revisted: 2008 NL East


Now that the 2008 Major League Baseball regular season has drawn to a close, it's time to see how well (or poorly) I was able to prognosticate the final standings. Back in March, I posted on my Sporting News blog my predictions for each of the baseball divisions. Today, I take a look back at my predictions for the NL East.



First, my predictions from March:


1. Phillies
2. Mets
3. Braves
4. Marlins
5. Nationals


How'd I do? The actual standings for 2008:

1. Philadelphia Phillies (92 - 70)
2. New York Mets (89 - 73)
3. Florida Marlins (84 - 77)
4. Atlanta Braves (72 - 90)
5. Washington Nationals (59 - 102)


Well, I ended up doing MUCH better in the NL East than I did in the NL Central. I had no faith in the Nationals (sinking so low as to call them Cincinnati Reds East) and they "rewarded" my lack of faith in them with a putrid showing in 2008. I figured the Phillies would win the East with the Mets second which also turned out correct. My only error was the placement of the Marlins and Braves...I figured the Braves would fall, but I didn't think they would reach 90 losses! Overall, I give myself an A- for my NL East predictions, I got the division winner and runner up correct (arguably the most important two final positions) as well as the basement dwelling Nationals, not bad at all. How did I do on the rest of the divisions, stay tuned! (Hint: there's at least one pick that I made that makes me shudder every time I think about it...if there were ever a reason to give a person an F-, that would be it...stay tuned!)



Source:





Comments

  1. Looks like you did pretty good with this division. I don't think anyone thought the Marlins would be better than the Braves were.

    Of course, I don't think anyone thought that John Smoltz, Tom Glavine, and Tim Hudson would all get hurt at the same time either.

    Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tcp: Thanks. Yeah, the Braves got hit rather hard with injuries - but if you look at the age of their rotation that probably isn't a huge surprise...Thanks for stoppin' by!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment