It's baaaaaaack! My version of Quick Hits is simply what I think about certain issues. Quick Hits gives me a chance to talk about my team, my life, or anything else on my mind. If you aren't prepared for that, leave now! Without further ado, here we go!
1. Congratulations to my home state Philadelphia Phillies. Sure, I'm a misplaced Reds fan, but it's good to see the beleaguered city of Philly win something. (It probably wasn't quite as good for Lidge though since Howard plowed him over as soon as the last out was made!) My question for you: Did you watch the series? Did you care? Do you know of anyone who actually was rooting for the Rays (you won't find many in PA)?
2. Obama. I'm undecided about the whole 30 minute infomercial... My question for you: What did you think of it? Was it informative or overblown? Was it necessary for swing voters or a crass display of all that's wrong with big spending politicians?
3. McCain. He's certainly getting desperate...and he seems to be getting more and more grouchy and bitter with every hour that passes... Thankfully Election Day is less than a week away...and then we won't have to ever see Joe the Plumber again or hear him talk about Israel and who hates who... My question for you: Did Joe the Plumber help or hurt McCain's chances?
4. Williamsport, PA. The city I live in is hosting both vice-presidential candidates tomorrow. Joe Biden is speaking at 2:00 and Sarah Palin is speaking at a different venue in the evening. My question for you: Who would you rather see speak? (NOTE: this doesn't necessarily imply who you agree with or would prefer to be the second in command, but rather, who would you rather see live for any reason?)
5. Baseball cards. If you haven't yet checked out my needs list, please do! I'm in the process of working out some trades, but there are quite a few cards on my want list that I'm still looking for! Find the list here.