Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

World Series Game 2 Thoughts

Not much to say tonight except: "Congrats Tampa Bay on your first World Series win ever!"

This series is shaping up to be a good one. Two games in, the series heads to Philadelphia tied up at 1 game each. As a baseball fan (but not a Phillies or Rays fan), I'm rooting for a seven game series... That seventh game is the best game in all of sports in my opinion, better than the Super Bowl, BCS Championship, Masters (blech), etc.

Other thoughts:
1. David Price impressed me with his post game comments.
2. James Shields is good.
3. I'm ready to see a nicer stadium, the Phillies stadium is really nice...I saw them beat my Reds there earlier this year.
4. I'm so sick of political ads.
5. I think instead of "I'm X and I support this message", politicians should be forced to record "I'm X and support this negative attack ad." Those stupid ads aren't messages, they are attacks and should be forced to be labeled as such.
6. In the time it took me to write the above lines, I've been subjected to another two "messages"...
7. Back to baseball, Philadelphia better learn to hit with runners in scoring position or they won't make it to game 7.
8. Why won't Howard lay down a bunt? If he places it ANYwhere on the third base side of the field he crawl to first base while eating a cheesesteak and still be safe thanks to the Rays shift.
9. When you type "shift" make sure you put the "f" in the word...
10. The Phillies fielding was rather atrocious tonight, I wonder if they were a bit psyched out by the field conditions?

That's all I got tonight, see you in Philadelphia in 2 days!


Source:
http://baseballauthority.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/tampa-bay-rays.jpg

Comments

  1. Big Game James certainly did earn that nickname tonight. I hope the Rays get a new stadium after this World Series deal...The Trop is certainly pathetic.

    Ryan Howard doesn't bunt down the third base line for the same reason David Ortiz didn't do it in the ALCS...they don't know how to bunt. They are paid to hit HR's I doubt they show up to practice and say "hey, I think I will work on my bunting skills today".

    ReplyDelete
  2. tcp: You are correct when it comes to bunting, but they SHOULD take that bunt. If Papi or Howard (or Griffey) lay down enough bunts for "free" base hits, teams will have to stop utilizing the shift. Then those same players can go back to their normal swing and the holes will be open again...It's logical, it makes sense for the team, but it isn't as "sexy" as a homerun...and in the days of "me me me" in baseball, I don't expect many of the stars to take one for the team...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:07 AM

    yeah coming home to philly, welcome to the city of brotherly love Tampa Bay Rays :)

    HA! where we bolt down the trash cans outside Citizen's bank park & impose a curfew.........because we philadelphians are nuts LMAO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shields still has much more to prove before he warrants that nickname, but last night was a step in the right direction.

    I too am sick of the ads, mail, phone calls, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope this thing goes 7 games

    ReplyDelete
  6. As much as I was disappointed the Sox didn't advance, they clearly were not the best team in the tourney.

    Tampa actually looks to be a strong team going forward - and build for the long run, unlike that other Florida based team that was built with high prices and went through fire sales.

    All of that said, I love the heritage of the ancient teams of the realm and would love to see Philadelphia win it all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Price and shield are showing the quality that is depth of the Rays..

    ReplyDelete
  8. If the Phillies don't start hitting with RISP, they won't make it to game 6.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment